Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Eriocaulon sp(WB)

Eriocaulon sp(WB)




 This Eriocaulon sp(WB) is very similar from Eriocaulon cinereum. It is a very beautiful aquatic plant and also has been using commonly  in aquaria. It looks more attractive for it’s cluster leaf stature.




 Its a seasonal aquatic plant and I found this plant in many time on the flatland and dooarsland of West Bengal(even also tropical area of  lower WB ). Generally the new plants propagate from seeds and starts their appearance during the mid of rainy season(aug-sep).

Habitat Of Eriocaulon



Propagated in Habitat
If the water level will not rise,the buds come out of this juvenile stage..




 It grows moderately with very healthy appearance in natural habitat. It grows in high light with sallow water.
Submerged condition in Habitat


 After few month the buds comes out (especially while the water level becomes sallower or almost dry).After that it goes to die and the seeds comes among the bud
Eriocaulon with Buds



. A  single plant produce 18 to 35 bud sticks;depends on it’s healthiness and more than 50 seeds in a single bud. The seeds not to be mature until the plant hard-dry naturally by tropical sunlight in habitat. 




At juvenile stage the seeds coloration is being white and when its comes mature the color becomes dark brown and some of them's are black. After that the seeds burst spread from the bud and the seeds will till alive until the rainy season coming.

2 comments:

yuriy fazylov said...

how can i get the seeds?

Anonymous said...

dear ladys and gentleman my name is niklas . I write a book about different Eriocaulon and Syngonanthus sort but I need help at the moment I've 49 sort of Eriocaulon I seach for more sorts worldwide I hope someone help me to find more plants or seeds I realy hope You can help me to finish my book. best regards Niklas